Export Import Procedures and Documentation
1. Describe the major acts related to the foreign trade in India.
2. Explain the procedures of registration formalities and export licensing.
3. Describe the general provisions for exports and imports.
4. Explain the major provisions of exports.
5. Describe the major provisions of imports.
6.Write short notes on:
i) Deemed exports
ii) Foreign type (development and Regulation) Act, 1992
iii) Duty Exemption Scheme '
iv). Duty Remission Scheme.
7. Discuss the duties of an exporter under FOB and CIF contract.
8 . Explain briefly various contracts under Incoterms.
9. Explain briefly various aspects covered under the general conditions in export contract.
10. Describe the major legal implications of FOB contract.
11. Do you think that arbitration is better than litigation? Discuss.
12. What is the need for documents in international business? Substantiate your answers with suitable examples.
13. "In export-import trade people are dealing in documents and not in goods". Critically examine this statement.
14. What are the major commercial documents? Write major characteristics of Bill of lading and Bill of Exchange.
15. Describe the essential requirements in preparing the Commercial Invoice.
16. Distinguish between "Received for shipment Bill of Lading" and "On-board shipped Bill of Lading" as well as between "clean" and " claused" Bill of Lading.
17.Describe major documents needed by the importing countries.
18. Explain the main export incentives in India and the documents needed to claim them.
19. Distinguish between:
a) Insurance policy and Insurance Certificate
b) Consular Invoice and Customs Invoice
c) Customs Declaration form and 'D' For
20. Write short notes on:
i) Legal documents in importing countries
ii) Simplified Export Documents
iii) Import Documents
21. How ED1 is different from Electronic Commerce?
22. Why ED1 has become a necessity for International Trade?
23. What is EDIFACT? What are the other ED1 standards?
24. What is the role of VAN?
25. What are the steps necessary to implement EDI?
26. What are security and legal issues which organization must consider while implementing EDI?
27. What kind of strategic advantages an Export house may get through EDI?
28. Discuss the significance of payment terms in export transactions.
29. What are the various alternatives available to an exporter from the viewpoint of realizing export proceeds ? Arrange them in order of safety. What are the risks associated with each of these alternatives ?
30. Discuss the mechanism of realising payment under letter of credit arrangements.